Sunday, September 09, 2007

Working at the Woodhull Institute for Ethical Leadership

In addition to settling into my new digs, I've also been adjusting to my new role of program coordinator at the Woodhull Institute for Ethical Leadership. That's right - Elizabeth has joined the ranks of the employed.

The Woodhull Institute is
a not-for-profit, non-partisan, non-sectarian educational organization that provides ethical leadership training and professional development for women.
The Institute defines ethical leadership as leadership that
is concerned with the means as well as the ends to personal and professional achievements.
To promote such leadership,
Woodhull has developed a community that encourages women to lead with honesty, respect, courage and compassion; to strive for the common ground in decision- making; and to share in community service.
A very cool feminist-y organization to be working at indeed!

Because the work that I am doing at Woodhull is related to so many of the issues that I pursue on this blog, there might be occasions on which I reference the Institute's projects. I want to be clear, however, that A Blog Without a Bicycle is a separate and independent endeavor from my Woodhull work. The opinions and ideas expressed here are solely my own and do not in any way represent the Institute. While I may share information about newsworthy Woodhull events or projects, I will not be blogging here in any "official" Woodhull capacity. If you would like to reach me when I'm wearing my Woodhull hat, you can email me at the Institute at ecurtis(at)woodhull(dot)org.

Now...It's on to pursuing work/life balance. While I've always been awed by folks who seem to be able to juggle blogging and fulltime employ, I'm finding that I'm going to have to work on my coordination to be able to keep so many (metaphorical) balls in the air.


Please note that as my M.A. thesis project is complete, the George Washington University is no longer overseeing research conducted in conjuction with this blog (effective June 2007 to present). The Informed Consent Materials created while this blog was under GWU's IRB oversight are still available for your information and the principles outlined in them are still being used as a general guide for my continued work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that ABWAB reserves the right to not publish any comments that do not meet community standards.