Thursday, August 28, 2008

Live Blogging the DNC...Or, At Least Cable Coverage of the DNC

Conversation From Your Favorite Coach Potato

On Foreign Policy: In terms of improving the standing of the United States in the rest of the world, I strongly believe that Obama is the best possible choice for president. I think his sense of global politics and how the US should behave is right on...You?

"so that American is again our last best hope"

Debatery: Are you looking forward to the presidental debates? I don't know if I am...Debates usually make me want to grind my teeth. As Barack said, "the stakes are too high." And this election has been too drawn out? But I don't diss the democratic process - heck no! I just can't take suspense...

"we all put our country first"

"what has also been lost is our sense of common purpose...and that is what we have to restore"

"I know that there are those who dismiss such ideas as happy talk"

"If you don't have any fresh ideas, you use scare tactics...You make a big election about small things...It feeds into the cynicism that we all have about government"

"I realize that I am not the likeliest candidate for this office...This election has never been about me - it's about YOU"


Please note that as my M.A. thesis project is complete, the George Washington University is no longer overseeing research conducted in conjunction with this blog (effective June 2007 to present). The Informed Consent Materials created while this blog was under GWU's IRB oversight are still available for your information and the principles outlined in them are still being used as a general guide for my continued work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that ABWAB reserves the right to not publish any comments that do not meet community standards.