Friday, October 03, 2008

Big News, Big Sabbatical

Moving to the West Country

Big news, ABWAB readers! As if there aren't enough headlines for you to follow as the presidential race gets rarin', I have one more item to add - I will be relocating to the San Francisco Bay Area soon as I begin a new stage of my career. This girl is going tech - interweb search style.

Okay. So...maybe it's not quite major news...I'm not holding my breath about getting on the newscast at six or anything. But I think it's big!

Leaving NYC and my feminist-y life here will certainly be bittersweet, but I am excited by this cross-country adventure I am embarking on. Posting will be light, however, until I get my feet on the ground (perhaps mid-November?). I'm looking forward to experieincing the rich feminist community SF offers - and perhaps meeting a few ABWAB readers out there, too.

Ready or not, Cali, here I come...


Please note that as my M.A. thesis project is complete, the George Washington University is no longer overseeing research conducted in conjunction with this blog (effective June 2007 to present). The Informed Consent Materials created while this blog was under GWU's IRB oversight are still available for your information and the principles outlined in them are still being used as a general guide for my continued work.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Elizabeth! Welcome to California in advance.

    Please be in touch when you arrive. Would love to know what you're doing and where you're living.

    Safe travels,
    Marcia Beauchamp

    ReplyDelete

Please note that ABWAB reserves the right to not publish any comments that do not meet community standards.